Lawyers contacted about Chandler resignation letter one month before Perrottet read it | LucyCormack Rabe9 AlexSmithSMH
The state’s most senior public servant contacted lawyers the same day he received the damning resignation letter of the NSW building commissioner, but NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet was not shown the letter for another month.
It outlined a litany of Chandler’s concerns, including his “problematic” engagement with Petinos’ office. It also disclosed a personal call from Barilaro in April, days afterDocuments released on Friday also reveal the premier’s chief of staff Bran Black was sent the letter on July 31, the same day Perrottet sacked Petinos over alleged bullying and claims she fostered an unsafe workplace, which she denies.
“I discussed those matters with [Petinos]. The issue in relation to matters arising from that letter were peripheral to the discussion,” Perrottet said. “I cannot make this clearer.” In a statement on Friday afternoon a spokesman for the premier said Hogan advised Perrottet about issues regarding Petinos that were raised in Chandler’s letter. “The Secretary advised the Premier the contents of the letter had been addressed and the appropriate action had been taken,” he said.
Text messages produced in the same bundle of documents on Friday reveal Barilaro contacted Chandler directly about a stop-work order on a Coronation project shortly after he became an executive director. Chandler forwarded the message to the minister’s office, as well as Hogan, with an accompanying text: “John Barilaro managed to get seated at my table yesterday. He noted our meeting next week. How the world works.”
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Man up? Person up and put the gendered language in the pastDavid Elliott’s insult against Matt Kean is a reminder of the ugly language that inexplicably remains in politics and business.
Read more »
Warner about to sign but Smith may snub Big BashCricket Australia’s desperate bid to attract box office players to the under-siege Big Bash may be torpedoed by Steve Smith, writes Malcolm Conn | BBL cricket
Read more »
Long lockdowns a ‘failure of policy’, says WHO envoy on COVIDDavid Nabarro, the World Health Organisation’s special envoy on the pandemic, says he didn’t support the COVID-zero approach.
Read more »
Scott Morrison minister portfolio updates LIVE: Secret Morrison move ‘breached Coalition agreement’Nationals senator says secret Morrison move breached Coalition agreement; constitutional law expert says Governor-General David Hurley’s latest statement “evasive”. Follow updates here.
Read more »
Transport Minister gives unions ultimatum in bid to end rail disputeDavid Elliott has warned that the government’s latest guarantee to modify the state’s multibillion-dollar intercity train fleet will be its final offer.
Read more »