McDonald's is making masks compulsory for staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as other major chains continue to operate with a policy of optional face coverings.
McDonald's is making masks compulsory for staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as other major chains continue to operate with a policy of optional face coverings.
The closures followed the discovery of a coronavirus cluster at the Fawkner McDonald's outlet in Melbourne's north, where at least 12 staff and their close contacts were infected. An employee at the Craigieburn outlet also tested positive, prompting the closure of the store for deep cleaning. Chemist Warehouse does require staff to wear face coverings, with mandatory masks and face shields for employees in all of its metropolitan stores.The pharmacy chain Chemist Warehouse is making protective coverings such as masks and face shields mandatory for its workers.The major supermarkets, including Coles, Woolworths, Aldi and IGA, issued a joint statement last week saying face masks would be optional for customers as well as staff.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Qld begins human COVID-19 vaccine trials | Sky News AustraliaHuman trials are set to begin today for a COVID-19 vaccine developed by the University of Queensland. \n\nThe majority of 120 volunteers will reportedly receive two doses of the vaccine with the rest receiving a placebo. \n\nThe volunteers will be monitored for the next year and if successful the trial could be extended to thousands of Queensland residents and then made available as early as next year. \n\nThe Palaszczuk government contributed $10 million toward the trial with $5 million from the federal government. \n\nImage: AP
Read more »
'An evolving situation': Sydney gym closes after member tests positive for COVID-19Planet Fitness Casula was forced to close for a deep clean on Sunday after one of its members tested positive for COVID-19. It is unclear at this stage whether the case is linked to the Crossroads Hotel outbreak.
Read more »
NRL statement: COVID-19 updateThe Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) today met and agreed all clubs operating outside of Queensland must revert to original Apollo biosecurity protocols.
Read more »
One new COVID-19 case in Qld | Sky News AustraliaQueensland Health Minister Steven Miles has confirmed one new case of the coronavirus was detected in the state from a returned overseas traveller. \n\nThe Sunshine Coast resident entered hotel quarantine upon returning from the United States.\n\nMr Miles also said Queensland’s greatest concern is an outbreak in Casula in Sydney’s south-west which was linked to nine cases of the virus. \n\nHe said authorities would be monitoring the situations in New South Wales and Victoria closely.\n\nThere are four active cases in Queensland. \n
Read more »
Coronavirus update: Japan struggles with COVID-19 threat amid flood disasterJapanese authorities warn local officials to include coronavirus measures in their disaster preparations. Residents are urged to seek shelter with friends or relatives to avoid overcrowding evacuation centres.
Read more »
Victorian COVID-19 catastrophe worsens as police issues $200,000 in fines | Sky News AustraliaDaniel Andrews says Victorians have been slapped with more than $200,000 in fines as the state records another 177 cases of the killer coronavirus. \n\nRemarkably, 31 fines had to be issued to brazen partygoers who tried to sneak into parties in the Melbourne CBD - coronavirus ground zero.\n\nOf the 177 new cases, 25 are connected to known outbreaks with one being in hotel quarantine.\n\nThere are 72 people in hospitals, with 17 of them in intensive care units.\n\nMr Andrews also said there were more than 22,000 people tested on Sunday alone.\n\nThere are currently 1,612 active COVID-19 cases in Victoria.\n
Read more »