No bubblers and limited spectators, but 'massive' netball event goes ahead

Australia News News

No bubblers and limited spectators, but 'massive' netball event goes ahead
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 56 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 83%

Thousands pour in from across the state as Sunshine Coast hosts the largest, outdoor community event of its kind since the pandemic began. But organisers say they are well-prepared with their strict COVID-safe plan.

Thousands of netballers, coaches and parents are arriving at the Sunshine Coast today ahead of the largest outdoor, community sporting event since the COVID-19 pandemic began.Players, coaches, officials and spectators will be split into numerous games across two daily sessions from Saturday to Tuesday

Some of those restrictions include daily timetabled sessions, a limit of two spectators per player, stringent sign-in protocols at the event, court marshals to monitor social distancing and compulsory water bottles to ensure no communal water bubblers are used. Rockhampton Netball representative convenor Jen Williams said planning for the event had been intense, but they felt well prepared."In between session one and two the entire facility is vacated, cleaned down and the session two participants can go in."That adds a complexity as a convenor, getting four teams — two teams at a time — organised and having somewhere to go each half day."

"I'll make sure that I follow all the specifications with the safety and social distancing … because we know that if we don't do that, Queensland Health can shut down the carnival." "We really get to build the relationship with our team mates that we've played with for a long time.""It's a really big opportunity, especially because it's our last year of state age," she said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Sydney's NYE fireworks set to go ahead despite coronavirus restrictionsSydney's NYE fireworks set to go ahead despite coronavirus restrictionsThe New South Wales government are pushing for Sydney's iconic New Year’s Eve fireworks to go ahead. Do you think they should? 9News
Read more »

TGA gives go-ahead for prescription e-cigarettes to be sold at chemistsTGA gives go-ahead for prescription e-cigarettes to be sold at chemistsAustralians could be able to buy e-cigarettes with nicotine at chemists by mid-next year if they have a prescription from their doctor. Buying or selling e-cigarettes is currently banned in Australia. More here: Full story, 6.00pm on 9News
Read more »

Sydney to go ahead with smaller NYE fireworks, 9pm celebration scrappedSydney to go ahead with smaller NYE fireworks, 9pm celebration scrappedA smaller version of Sydney's world-famous New Year's Eve fireworks will still go ahead after the City of Sydney council struck an agreement handing responsibility for the event to the state government
Read more »

The NBN upgrade isn't a backflip, it's a forward rollThe NBN upgrade isn't a backflip, it's a forward rollNBN Co has announced a massive new investment in upgrading the speeds of the network but it's not an embarrassing backflip to Labor's original all-fibre plan.
Read more »

Canberra Liberals say they will halve hospital wait times, though expert says money is not the problemCanberra Liberals say they will halve hospital wait times, though expert says money is not the problemThe Opposition says it will oversee a massive expansion of ACT hospitals' emergency departments and their capacity to perform surgeries, if it wins next month's election.
Read more »

'Perilous turning point': Britain opts for targeted measures instead of fresh national lockdown'Perilous turning point': Britain opts for targeted measures instead of fresh national lockdownWarning the United Kingdom was at a 'perilous turning point', Prime Minister BorisJohnson has unveiled new measures which seek to limit the spread of the disease among the young but keep the economy, schools and society open, writes BevanShields ...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 18:58:55