North Sydney’s tallest building has been approved by the NSW government, with a 42-storey commercial office block to tower over the new Victoria Cross Metro Station within four years | Rabe9
North Sydney’s tallest building has been approved by the NSW government, with a 42-storey commercial office block to tower over the new Victoria Cross Metro Station within four years.
Planning Minister Rob Stokes announced the approval on Wednesday while touring the cavernous metro construction site almost 50 metres underground with Transport Minister Andrew Constance. NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance and Planning Minister Rob Stokes in the Victoria Cross Metro station site on Wednesday.Mr Constance said the coronavirus pandemic had not slowed the Metro progress, with the project - running deep below Sydney Harbour - still on track to open in 2024.“It is going to change the very nature of North Sydney in a way that North Sydneysiders have never seen before.
Once completed, the project will run from the city’s north-west towards North Sydney before slipping under the harbour into the CBD and onwards towards the south-west.Metro chief executive Jon Lamonte said the construction of the public transport project was expected to line up with the opening of the new office building.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Passengers from Melbourne leave Sydney airport without COVID screeningPassengers on a plane from Melbourne that arrived at Sydney airport on Tuesday night were allowed to disembark without undergoing health screening for coronavirus.
Read more »
Major health breach at Sydney AirportPassengers flying from Melbourne to Sydney on a Jetstar flight on Tuesday night were able to get off the plane without undergoing a health screen for symptoms of coronavirus.
Read more »
AMP's new boss on the hunt for Sydney bolthole to match Mayfair digsBoe Pahari has made a huge splash in his first week in the job, all while hanging on to his famous apartment in London's Mayfair.
Read more »
Sydney pair use popular app to allegedly dupe residents and dump rubbish in pristine bushland
Read more »
Hotel room damaged after Sydney woman flees quarantinePolice say the $1000 fine is the only one issued under the NSW hotel quarantine system so far.
Read more »
Children approached at Sydney shopping centreA man accused of approaching two young girls in a shopping centre in Sydney’s eastern suburbs last week will front court today.
Read more »