NSW Health Minister guarantees Ashes Test will stay in Sydney

Australia News News

NSW Health Minister guarantees Ashes Test will stay in Sydney
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 smh
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 58 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 80%

NSW Health Minister guarantees Ashes Test will stay in Sydney | malcolmconn

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard has guaranteed the fourth Ashes Test in Sydney will take place next week despite current state regulations which could force the match to be abandoned.

There were fears the Sydney Test would have to be abandoned if a similar scenario arose for the fourth Test, with questions also hanging over the fifth Test in Hobart. “I want to assure the cricket loving public, under our rules any players with exposure to a known case of COVID-19 would be asked to test and isolate only until a negative result was received.“If there are any cases within the teams, their support staff, or families, we will work with the people involved to ensure they are safe, and there is as little disruption to others as possible.

There had been serious fears among officials overnight that the Boxing Day Test was at risk of being abandoned. One member of the England camp had reported symptoms on Sunday night and by the following morning four people had tested positive to COVID. Victoria’s rules meant that members of Channel Seven’s commentary team were back at the MCG by Monday afternoon after being sidelined from the start of play due to a case.Both teams are already under level four restrictions preventing them from eating indoors or attending bars, and only shopping by click and collect.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

smh /  🏆 6. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

NSW health minister issues COVID rules guarantee to keep Ashes Test in SydneyNSW health minister issues COVID rules guarantee to keep Ashes Test in SydneyNSW health minister BradHazzard has issued a guarantee that the New Year’s Test at the SCG is not at risk of being moved over the state’s COVID-19 rules. Ashes 7NEWS
Read more »

Covid Sydney: NSW records first Omicron death as cases hit 6324Covid Sydney: NSW records first Omicron death as cases hit 6324NSW records its first Omicron death as the state battles an Omicron surge and residents wake to new restrictions. Details:
Read more »

Another 995 people receive wrong test results in NSWAnother 995 people receive wrong test results in NSWAlmost 1000 more people have received potentially wrong Covid test information from a pathology lab at St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney just one day after 400 infected people were incorrectly told they tested negative.
Read more »

NSW health worker isolation halved in bid to deal with 2000 absencesNSW Health last night said close household contacts "essential to service delivery" would be able to leave isolation and return to work after seven days instead of 14.
Read more »

Isolation rules could be changed for health workers in NSWCOVID-19 isolation requirements could be eased for healthcare workers in New South Wales as the state braces for another day of high case numbers.
Read more »

Queensland PCR test rules remain despite NSW, Victoria testing troublesQueensland PCR test rules remain despite NSW, Victoria testing troublesQueensland recorded 714 new cases on Sunday, NSW had 6394 and Victoria reported 1608.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 12:52:03