Ms Petinos denied any wrongdoing after a complaint in her office but Premier Dominic Perrottet now says her position has become untenable.
The New South Wales Minister for Small Business and Fair Trading, Eleni Petinos, has been sacked.
On Friday, it was revealed an anonymous complaint had been made by a staffer from Ms Petinos' office. Ms Petinos denied any wrongdoing and the Premier said he was satisfied the complaint had been dealt with."Today, I spoke with the Minister for Small Business and Fair Trading Eleni Petinos after some further matters concerning her were brought to my attention," the Premier said in a statement.
"In light of these matters, Ms Petinos' service as a Minister will cease with immediate effect, and I will write to the Governor in this regard tomorrow."
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Fair Trading Minister Eleni Petinos sacked following bullying allegationsThe allegations against Petinos came during a horror week for the Perrottet government that also saw pressure mount on Trade Minister Stuart Ayres and Building Commissioner David Chandler - whose role is overseen by Petinos - quit prematurely.
Read more »
Labor announces candidate for Fannie Bay by-electionNT Labor has selected former political staffer and army veteran Brent Potter to contest the by-election, which was triggered by the resignation of former chief minister and local member Michael Gunner.
Read more »
A ‘female focus’ and short shortlists: the long road taken to fill NSW’s New York trade roleA series of revelations has raised new questions about how former NSW deputy premier John Barilaro ended up appointed to the trade commissioner job
Read more »
Symbols of love mask lingering anxiety of flood-hit residents in LismoreNorthern rivers community waits for an independent NSW inquiry’s findings to learn their fate
Read more »
Luxury cars, jewellery, cash, guns and drugs worth $4.5 million seized in operationAlmost $5 million worth of drugs, luxury cars and jewellery, cash and guns were seized during an intense multi-agency two-week police operation targeting organised crime networks across NSW and QLD. 7NEWS
Read more »