NSW to decide on COVID-safe aged care Father's Day visits

Australia News News

NSW to decide on COVID-safe aged care Father's Day visits
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 smh
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 60 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 80%

NSW to decide soon on COVID-safe aged care Father's Day visits, school formals and graduations

The warning was issued last week when the number of daily locally acquired COVID-19 cases was in double-digits. But on Thursday health authorities reported 12 new cases - nine locally acquired and three travellers in hotel quarantine.

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said on Thursday the Morrison government would extend the ban on international travel and the restrictions on cruise ships from entering the country for another three months., has been in place since March 18 this year and will now run until December 17 this year, Mr Hunt said.

Ms Berejiklian also flagged changes to advice restricting schools from hosting end-of-year events and academic milestones. The health advice will be updated for term 4, Ms Berejiklian said, adding that she had confidence that school communities would find innovative and COVID-safe ways of marking important milestones for students.

A close contact of a case at St Paul's Catholic College Greystanes and a close contact of the Girraween Public School case have tested positive, bringing the size of that outbreak across the two schools to 12. All children and staff who attended at these times are considered close contacts and are being directed to get tested and isolate for 14 days, and stay isolated for the entire period, even if a negative test result is received.NSW Health also issued a number of alerts for Sydney locations on Thursday.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

smh /  🏆 6. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Premier to discuss border restrictions as NSW records 17 new COVID-19 casesPremier to discuss border restrictions as NSW records 17 new COVID-19 casesMs Berejiklian told reporters she had reached out to her QLD counterpart in the hopes of having a conversation. Ms Palaszczuk responded with a text message.
Read more »

NSW records 17 new COVID-19 cases, only one in hotel quarantineNSW records 17 new COVID-19 cases, only one in hotel quarantineNSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian urges people to wear masks in supermarkets and on public transport after 17 new coronavirus cases are recorded in the state.
Read more »

NSW health authorities flag potential regional COVID-19 case | Sky News AustraliaNSW health authorities flag potential regional COVID-19 case | Sky News AustraliaA coronavirus case outside of Sydney is expected to be included in today’s daily caseload as health officials in central-west New South Wales flag a potential regional infection. \n\nThe western NSW local health district released a statement saying a potential case was detected in the Parks local government area. \n\nSydney’s City Tattersalls Fitness Centre was the focus of a NSW Health investigation due to the number of infections sourced to the venue caught up in the growing CBD cluster, which saw eight new cases added on Wednesday. \n\nAuthorities revealed there may have been breaches in protocol at the gym, with some members suspected of not swiping their card upon entry, others arriving in large groups and some using other members' cards. \n\nNSW Police warned they would be enforcing public health orders and social distancing measures as concerns mounted over people flocking to the beach to escape the forecasted hot weather for Thursday. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »

NSW confirms 12 new COVID-19 cases including three mystery infectionsNSW confirms 12 new COVID-19 cases including three mystery infectionsHealth authorities in NSW confirm 12 new coronavirus cases, including three mystery infections overnight. Two members of a south-west Sydney family tested positive with no known source.
Read more »

Vaccine nationalism: US says it won't join global effort for COVID-19 inoculationVaccine nationalism: US says it won't join global effort for COVID-19 inoculationThe decision to go it alone follows the White House’s decision in early July to pull the United States out of the WHO.
Read more »

Hotspot escapees flee to COVID-free NT | Sky News AustraliaHotspot escapees flee to COVID-free NT | Sky News AustraliaDarwin’s Howard Springs quarantine facility has housed an increasing number of Australians looking to escape from hotspot locations to the COVID-19 free Northern Territory. \n\nThe Northern Territory government reported approximately 10,000 interstate travelers arrived in the territory since the border opened on July 17.\n\nChief Minister Michael Gunner said he had met Victorians who moved to the Northern Territory and were continuing to work remotely. \n\n“Sorry Dan, we’re taking your Victorians, this is a much better place to live,” he said. \n\nThe interstate arrivals could provide a much-needed boost for the Northern Territory's struggling economy and sluggish property market.\n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:21:25