Outback town with no pub rebuilds local watering hole

Australia News News

Outback town with no pub rebuilds local watering hole
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 22 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 83%

Four years after their pub burnt down, Morven locals now have a local meeting place — thanks to the efforts of eight families and community working bees.

Ask any Aussie what the hallmarks of a quintessential outback town are and the answer will be pretty much the same: a bakery, a post office, and a pub.The town's only watering hole was destroyed by fire in 2016But for the past four years, one south-west Queensland town has been without a local pub leaving residents without a place to come together.and, since then, the town has not had a local watering hole — until now.

"A couple of families were talking and [said], 'Oh, could we do this, do you think?' and then we got talking to a few other people," Ms Winten said.Local Morven families the Bureys, McInnerneys, Mackenzies and Wintens pooled together with four other couples to make sure the town has a pub. "All communities need to have a central, neutral meeting place where people can come and go," Ms Brayley said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

India soars past four million coronavirus cases as anti-restriction protests flare across the worldIndia soars past four million coronavirus cases as anti-restriction protests flare across the worldIndia's caseload has soared from three to four million in just 13 days, faster than the US and Brazil.
Read more »

Everything you need to know about Melbourne’s stage four exit road mapEverything you need to know about Melbourne’s stage four exit road mapVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews has released a new road map out of stage four coronavirus restrictions – and the news is grim for Melburnians. COVID19
Read more »

Melbourne in stage four for further two weeks but regional Victorian restrictions to easeMelbourne in stage four for further two weeks but regional Victorian restrictions to easeMelbourne will remain under stage four lockdown for at least a further two weeks, Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed. The extension will come into effect at 11.59pm on September 13 and will remain in place until September 28. 9News More:
Read more »

Victoria's lockdown extended as Premier unveils roadmap out of stage fourVictoria's lockdown extended as Premier unveils roadmap out of stage fourVictoria's stage four restrictions will be extended for two weeks beyond the original end date of September 13, but there will be slight changes to the curfew and exercise allowances.
Read more »

Dubious sin bin sends Warriors packing as Eels book top-four ticketDubious sin bin sends Warriors packing as Eels book top-four ticketA dubious decision to send Jazz Tevaga to the sin bin has cost the NZWarriors any hope they had of a fairytale finals finish, as TheParraEels booked a top-four berth with a 22-16 win | samphillips06 SMHsport NRL
Read more »

Melbourne's four-step plan from stage 4 lockdown to 'COVID normal'Melbourne's four-step plan from stage 4 lockdown to 'COVID normal'Under the coronavirus restrictions roadmap released by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews, Melbourne will move through four steps before reaching 'COVID normal'.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 02:52:53