BREAKING: Queensland’s borders will open to parts of New South Wales from next weekend.
Byron, Ballina, Lismore, Richmond Valley, and Glenn Innes shires will be welcome in Queensland from 1am on October 1, with Queensland residents allowed to travel to those regions.Deputy Premier Steven Miles said it was a “stark contrast” to what was happening in the rest of the world.
“So it is safe to open up. The people that live ont hat border have a lot more to do with Queensland than they do with NSW.Residents from five northern NSW shires will be allowed to enter Queensland from next weekend. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Steve HollandIt comes as a decision on lifting other restrictions in southeast Queensland could be made as soon as Thursday, as the state nears two weeks without any COVID-19 cases in the community.
“Thursday would be 14 days after the last case thought to be infectious in the community,” Mr Miles said.As of Monday, it had been 11 days since a COVID-19 case was thought to be infectious while in the community. Restrictions on aged care homes could ease from this weekend if there are no new COVID-19 cases in the southeast Queensland community. Picture: NewsWire / John GassSince August 22, gatherings in southeast Queensland have been restricted to 10, and to 30 everywhere else in the state.
Dr Young last week said genomic testing had all-but linked the latest Queensland cluster to a much smaller one caused b“That’s the most likely scenario and even more likely after doing more testing out there and not finding any other chains of transmission,” Dr Young said. Deputy Premier Steven Miles said on Monday morning Dr Young would consider aged care restrictions this week.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
NSW man dies from COVID-19 as the state records two new cases | Sky News AustraliaPremier Gladys Berejiklian has confirmed a man in his 70s has died from COVID-19 in NSW overnight.\n\n“I want to extend our deepest condolences to a man in his early 70s who unfortunately passed away at Royal North Shore hospital yesterday,” she said on Sunday.\n\n“He got the disease from one of the CBD clusters recently and unfortunately succumbed to the disease.”\n\nMs Berejiklian also confirmed there were two new virus cases recorded in the last 24 hours.
Read more »
'Room for everyone' as NSW records four new COVID-19 casesNSW recorded four new cases of coronavirus on Monday as the government launches a COVID safe summer plan | rachelclun Laura_R_Chung
Read more »
Four new cases in NSW, three in hotel quarantineNSW has recorded four new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, with three of those being returned travellers in hotel quarantine. 9News
Read more »
NSW records four new coronavirus cases amid dip in testing ratesNSW has recorded four new COVID-19 cases, with three being returned travellers in hotel quarantine and one who acquired the disease locally.
Read more »
A NSW man has died in a Sydney hospital due to coronavirusBREAKING: A man in his early 70s has died in a Sydney hospital due to coronavirus with NSW recording just two new cases overnight.
Read more »