The Golden Sheaf Hotel, which was photographed with crowds of revellers queuing outside it, in contravention of coronavirus restrictions, is fined $5,500 by NSW Liquor and Gaming.
A Sydney pub has been fined $5,500 by NSW Liquor and Gaming after crowds of revellers were photographed queuing outside it, in contravention of coronavirus restrictions,The regulator said this week was the third time its visited the venueThe regulator said the Golden Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay had breached COVID-19 public health orders after a group of around 250 customers failed to adhere to social distancing on Wednesday night.
However, on Friday afternoon Acting Director of Compliance for Liquor and Gaming Dimitri Argeres said inspectors for the regulator visited the venue the next day to review CCTV footage."The first time we identified issues, which were resolved before our second visit, however the situation on Wednesday night posed a serious risk to public health and an improvement notice was not appropriate," he said.
"We need to send a clear message to this business and others that if you are not doing the right thing you will be held to account, and we will escalate our enforcement actions for those who put the public at risk." Earlier this week, the chief executive of the Golden Sheaf's operator, Solotel Group, insisted the venue practised "strict social distancing and COVID hygiene and safety procedures"."We employ management and security staff to monitor queues constantly — at the Golden Sheaf last night we worked immediately with police to disperse the crowd and ensure social-distancing measures were established.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Woman escapes Marriott Hotel quarantine in Sydney, fined $1000: policeThe 63-year-old Queensland woman is believed to have told hotel staff and security her job as a flight attendant meant she needed to leave the hotel and catch a plane | sallyrawsthorne
Read more »
Jetstar defends Sydney Airport flight bungle from MelbourneJetstar boss Gareth Evans refused to “apportion blame” after a major health breach saw passengers on a flight from Melbourne to Sydney disembark without a health check.
Read more »
Jetstar CEO Gareth Evans says Sydney Airport coronavirus screening bungle won't happen againFederal health authorities are helping their state counterparts with contact tracing after a flight from Melbourne to Sydney disembarked without health screening, as NSW reports 13 new cases of COVID-19.
Read more »
Jetstar CEO says Sydney Airport coronavirus breach 'very different' to Ruby Princess fiascoJetstar hoses down concerns a major breach of NSW coronavirus screening protocols at Sydney Airport could lead to new outbreaks of the disease, saying passengers were screened in Melbourne.
Read more »
'Lack of clear-gun direction' responsible for Sydney Airport virus bungle | Sky News AustraliaTransport Workers Union National Secretary Michael Kaine says there is a 'lack of clear gun-direction' provided to workers and this led to a health breach at Sydney Airport. \n\nNSW Health is set to roll out new airport health protocols following a breach which allowed passengers on board a Jetstar flight from Melbourne to disembark and leave Sydney Airport without being screened for the virus. \n\nUnder the new measures, flights would not be allowed to land until NSW Health staff were in place ready to greet and screen all passengers. \n\nMr Kaine told Sky News 'there’s two things happening here, there’s a company that’s not taking this seriously and hasn’t since the start, and there’s of course a lack of clear-gun direction about what is to occur'. \n\n“It shouldn’t be Qantas deciding what our health standard should be here, it has to be the health authorities and the federal government needs to step in to make this clear,' he said. \n\n“The staff are trained to undertake and fulfill the directions that they’re given, now presumably there’s been a miscommunication here between health authorities. \n\n'There needs to be the training and directions with all staff to make sure that they’re not seen as the scapegoats.” \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »
Federal authorities helping NSW after Sydney Airport coronavirus screening bungleFederal health authorities are helping their NSW counterparts with contact tracing after a flight from Melbourne to Sydney disembarked without health screening.
Read more »