'Very nasty': Donald Trump lashes out at Emmanuel Macron's NATO comments

Australia News News

'Very nasty': Donald Trump lashes out at Emmanuel Macron's NATO comments
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 SBSNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 89%

Donald Trump has slated his European allies ahead of a NATO anniversary summit, singling out France's Emmanuel Macron for 'very nasty' comments on the health of the alliance.

US President Donald Trump has slated his European allies ahead of a NATO anniversary summit, singling out France's Emmanuel Macron for"very nasty" comments on the health of the alliance and Germany for spending too little on defence.

US President Donald Trump listens as French President Emmanuel Macron speaks during a meeting at Winfield House during the NATO summitIn an interview with the Economist last month, Mr Macron made headlines by faulting NATO for failing to update its strategy to respond to newer threats such as instability in Syria.

The leaders of Canada and the Netherlands added their support on Tuesday to a Franco-German proposal to reform NATO."I don't think you survive 70 years as an alliance without regularly reflecting," Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told a forum before the summit, sitting alongside his Dutch counterpart Mark Rutte.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SBSNews /  🏆 3. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Trump hits back at Macron's 'very nasty' description of NATOTrump hits back at Macron's 'very nasty' description of NATOTensions between several world leaders have emerged ahead of a military summit in the UK, as Donald Trump hits back at criticisms from the French president.
Read more »

Donald Trump refuses to attend his own impeachment hearingDonald Trump refuses to attend his own impeachment hearingThe White House says the President will skip this week's impeachment hearings because of a lack of fundamental fairness in proceedings.
Read more »

Donald Trump's campaign bars Bloomberg News journalists from rallies and eventsDonald Trump's campaign bars Bloomberg News journalists from rallies and eventsPresident Donald Trump's re-election campaign says it will deny credentials to Bloomberg News reporters after the media's owner became a presidential hopeful.
Read more »

Trump skips impeachment hearing and imposes new tariffs on Brazil, Argentina | Sky News AustraliaTrump skips impeachment hearing and imposes new tariffs on Brazil, Argentina | Sky News AustraliaUS President Donald Trump has confirmed he will not take part in impeachment hearings this week.\n\nWhite House lawyers formally notified the Judiciary Committee President Trump was not willing to play a role in Wednesday's proceedings.\n\nThe decision indicated that he is listening to his allies, who warned him taking part would validate the process.\n\nMeanwhile, Trump's trade war is growing after he announced he is imposing new tariffs on Brazil and Argentina. \n\nTrump ordered all steel and aluminum shipped to the United States from these countries to be hit with tariffs. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

ASX to sink as Trump threatens to impose tariffs on Brazil and Argentina metal importsASX to sink as Trump threatens to impose tariffs on Brazil and Argentina metal importsAustralian shares are headed for a sharp fall after Donald Trump decides to widen his trade war by reinstating tariffs on steel and aluminium imported from Brazil and Argentina.
Read more »

Trump 'is constantly under attack' | Sky News AustraliaTrump 'is constantly under attack' | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Chris Kenny says US President Donald Trump is “constantly under attack” by the Democrats and sections of the media, but as usual he has been “typically dismissive” of them. \n\nOn Monday, reports stated the President will not be attending impeachment hearings on Wednesday. \n\nThe impeachment is investigating claims President Donald Trump withheld aid from Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into political rival Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.\n\n“Two months after the inquiry was announced, what has been revealed?” Mr Kenny said. \n\nMr Kenny said sections of the media are “so obsessed with bringing down Trump”. \n\n“Having gotten it so wrong on ‘RussiaGate,’ you'd think the media might have learned from their mistakes”. \n\nImage: Getty \n
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 02:19:20