'We are ready': NT Health authorities reassure Territorians about coronavirus risk after US marine tests positive

Australia News News

'We are ready': NT Health authorities reassure Territorians about coronavirus risk after US marine tests positive
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 83%

Health authorities in the Northern Territory say the latest local coronavirus case, a US marine on rotation in Darwin, presents a low risk to the community and that if there are further military cases, it will have a minimal impact on the health system.

In a statement, the Australian Defence Force reassured the public that there had been "no direct contact" with the general community.

"All US personnel who arrived with the US marine and may have interacted with the individual will continue to be monitored during their mandatory 14-day quarantine." The US Military said American Navy staff would be involved in treating the man and that the latest wave of testing had all received initial negative results.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Record calls to mental health services during second lockdownRecord calls to mental health services during second lockdownLifeline is reporting a 22 per cent surge in calls in Victoria since Sunday compared with the same time last year, while calls from Victoria to Beyond Blue’s support services have doubled in the past fortnight.
Read more »

Andrews govt 'put Labor interests ahead of the public health of Victorians' | Sky News AustraliaAndrews govt 'put Labor interests ahead of the public health of Victorians' | Sky News AustraliaLiberal MP Tim Wilson says the Andrews government was more interested in fulfilling internal interests of the Labor Party than protecting the public health of Victorians. \n\n“You had a state government who was more interested in making sure that companies that hired their union mates took precedence over the public health of its citizens,” he said in reference to the bungled hotel quarantine operation. \n\nMr Wilson said the Victorian government and Premier Daniel Andrews were “all power and no accountability”, and told Sky News “this is why people are so angry, because they have done the right thing and the state government has not”. \n\n“Essentially he’s broken the contract between the people of Victoria and the state government,” he said. \n\n“Under the contract, it was up to every Victorian to make sure we didn’t see a spread of the virus, only to see that the group supposed to be responsible for enforcing the law and making sure there wasn’t a spread, was ultimately the key participant in spreading it. \n\n“That’s why people are so angry, because it does seem pretty clear to everybody that there’s a direct link between the internal interests of the Labor Party and the state government at the expense of the public health of Victoria.” \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »

Canberra records fifth coronavirus case in three days, but authorities say outbreak risk is 'very low'Canberra records fifth coronavirus case in three days, but authorities say outbreak risk is 'very low'The latest person to be infected by COVID-19 is a woman in her 20s who is a close contact of the earlier cases and, like them, lives in Gungahlin.
Read more »

'Haven't heard back': Parents in dark over COVID-19 case at childcare centre'Haven't heard back': Parents in dark over COVID-19 case at childcare centreA Flemington childcare centre has been waiting four days for official advice from health authorities on whether families should quarantine or get tested after a staff member tested positive.
Read more »

Fears as Melbourne mega-cluster formsFears as Melbourne mega-cluster formsVictoria’s two largest ever coronavirus outbreaks have now been linked, forming one huge cluster that health authorities are scrambling to contain.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 06:04:10