Who should replace Josh Hazlewood for the second Test? 🤔 👉 TUBBY'S CALL: 9WWOS Cricket TheAshes
On Sunday evening, Cricket Australia's website confirmed that Hazlewood had been flown home rather than travelling with the team, but said he had not yet officially been ruled out.
Still, it seems unlikely that he will able to recover from the side strain that he suffered during the nine-wicket win in Brisbane, given the action that's been taken.The move may be more precautionary than anything else. When pressed about Hazlewood's status on Saturday, Pat Cummins said as much.
Former Test captain Mark Taylor said that because it was Hazlewood and not Starc or Cummins, he would have opted for Neser as the more like-for-like replacement. "Michael Neser's probably a little more like Hazlewood, and you'd probably say that Jhye Richardson's a bit more like a Pat Cummins," he said.For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Australian paceman to reportedly be ruled out of second Ashes TestAustralian paceman Josh Hazlewood will reportedly miss the second Ashes Test in Adelaide after suffering a side strain in Brisbane.
Read more »
Hazlewood officially ruled out of second TestJhye Richardson has moved a step closer to a Test recall after Josh Hazlewood was officially ruled out of the second Test in Adelaide with a side strain
Read more »
Carey staying grounded after stunning Test debut in Australia's win over EnglandDespite taking eight catches in the opening men's Ashes Test, Australian wicketkeeper Alex Carey says there's still room for improvement in his game behind the stumps.
Read more »
Legend's 'big question mark' over great Aussie Test hopeWill Pucovski is considered Australia's great batting hope, but Ian Chappell is concerned about the young gun's future as a Test player. 🗣️ 9WWOS
Read more »
Newcastle nightclub on Omicron alert after 24 test positive to COVID-19NSW Health has issued an urgent alert after 24 people linked to a Newcastle nightclub tested positive for COVID-19, with a number of cases 'likely' to be the Omicron variant.
Read more »
England hit with heavy fine for slow over rate in first Ashes TestThe tourists are fined their entire match fee and docked five World Test Championship points by the ICC, while Australia's Travis Head is fined for making an 'audible obscenity'.
Read more »