ICAC report into SA Health privately met with anger by Premier, commissioner says

Australia News News

ICAC report into SA Health privately met with anger by Premier, commissioner says
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 83%

SA's corruption watchdog claims the Premier rebuked him in private for releasing a report into potential corruption in the state's public health system.

SA's corruption watchdog claims Premier Steven Marshall privately rebuked him for releasing a report into potential health department corruption, despite Mr Marshall telling Parliament he found the report"extraordinarily helpful".

last week outlining his concerns that SA Health was at risk of corruption, misconduct and maladministration.However, Mr Lander said during a private meeting on Friday, the Premier"forcefully" expressed"dissatisfaction" at the report's release. "He said that the report had put back the chances of correcting the problems in health … I think he meant that the report was inflammatory.

A spokesperson for the Premier said he and the commissioner regularly spoke and the State Government appreciated his input.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

'Fireys have nothing in tanks': Ex- chief’s warning as Scott Morrison rejects paying RFS firefighters'Fireys have nothing in tanks': Ex- chief’s warning as Scott Morrison rejects paying RFS firefightersFormer Fire and Rescue NSW commissioner Greg Mullins warns volunteer fireys are worn out, stressing concerns for their welfare and mental health – as Scott Morrison rejects paying RFS firefighters for their service
Read more »

Chief Commissioner says Nicola Gobbo has nothing to fear from policeChief Commissioner says Nicola Gobbo has nothing to fear from policeVictoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton tells the Lawyer X royal commission he did not think to question Nicola Gobbo's role as an informer because it was sanctioned by senior police.
Read more »

Mitchell's Roosters career all but over after meeting: reportsMitchell's Roosters career all but over after meeting: reportsLatrell Mitchell has been formally told by Roosters boss Nick Politis that his time at the Tricolours is over, according to media reports.
Read more »

Hospitals in 'critical condition': 3 million flood NSW emergency departmentsHospitals in 'critical condition': 3 million flood NSW emergency departmentsUnprecedented numbers of patients are flooding NSW emergency departments and elective surgery waiting lists with no sign of a reprieve, as doctors warn the state's hospitals are in 'critical condition' | Kaubo
Read more »

Commissioner slams Lawyer X for interview after saying she was too unwell to give evidenceThe head of the Lawyer X royal commission has slammed Nicola Gobbo after an interview was aired last night just days after her legal team claimed she was to unwell to give evidence. 9News
Read more »

Former Labor MP accused of lying to ICAC over alleged illegal donations | Sky News AustraliaFormer Labor MP accused of lying to ICAC over alleged illegal donations | Sky News AustraliaFormer Labor MP Ernest Wong has been accused of lying to the Independent Commission Against Corruption after blaming an 'alcoholic blackout' for his failure to recall important information about alleged illegal donations given to the NSW Labor Party.\n\nMr Wong says he could not remember whether a second bag - containing donation forms and cash - was given to him at a Chinese Friends of Labor dinner in March of 2015.\n\nFronting an ICAC inquiry, Mr Wong maintains he did receive a bag containing tens of thousands of dollars in cash at the dinner who he claims Chinese billionaire property developer Huang Xiaomo offered to take from him.\n\nCounsel assisting the inquiry Scott Robertson said 'there was no big bag of cash with tens of thousands of dollars at the dinner that night'.\n\n'Of course there was, ' Mr Wong replied.\n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 17:46:24