Deputy Premier James Merlino revealed one coronavirus rule would not change as the government prepares to unveil the latest restrictions ahead of the new pandemic management bill being enforced on Wednesday night.
Deputy Premier James Merlino refused to give an insight into the new settings for millions of his residents ahead of the holiday period.
Victorian Deputy Premier James Merlino refused to reveal any chances to the pandemic settings in the state. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Andrew Henshaw "We receive and the minister received under the legislation the latest public health advice taking everything into account - mental health, social, economic," he said.However, he did rule out making any changes to travel restrictions throughout Victoria.
Premier Daniel Andrews flagged last month his state would follow suit with New South Wales in scrapping face coverings in retail stores on December 15."Unless our health services see a significant jump in hospitalisations, customers for retail will no longer need to wear masks after 15 December - in line with NSW settings," he said in a statement in November.
Mr Andrews made his first pandemic declaration last week after the controversial powers were passed in parliament 20 votes to 18.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Big change to Victorian mask rulesVictoria is set to scrap a major mask rule in some settings within days as the state recorded 1189 new Covid-19 cases and six more deaths on Tuesday.
Read more »
Seven Omicron infections under investigation as Victoria records 1290 COVID cases, two deathsVictorian health authorities are still investigating seven suspected cases of the new Omicron strain of COVID19 as the state recorded 1290 coronavirus cases and two deaths. | MartaPascual3 covid19vic covid19vicdata
Read more »
Nine new Omicron cases in NSW as three Melburnians test positive for COVID-19 a second timeThere are 536 new cases of COVID-19 in NSW - including nine of the Omicron variant - amid a spiralling outbreak linked to a Newcastle nightclub, as new research finds three people in Melbourne contracted the virus for a second time.
Read more »
Newcastle nightclub cluster swells to 84 as NSW reports increase in Omicron casesA further 60 people linked to a nightclub in Newcastle have tested positive to COVID-19 as health officials warn more cases will 'likely be' the Omicron variant.
Read more »
NSW records nine Omicron COVID cases as Newcastle nightclub cluster explodesNSW Health says the state recorded nine new Omicron COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number to 64.
Read more »
'Incredibly selfish': NZ man under investigation for receiving up to 10 COVID jabs in one dayHealth officials are investigating after a New Zealand man reportedly got a COVID-19 vaccine up to 10 times in one day under someone else's identity.
Read more »