'Selfish' Victorian travellers stung trying to enter Queensland – twice

Australia News News

'Selfish' Victorian travellers stung trying to enter Queensland – twice
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 smh
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 80%

Six Victorians have been fined $4000 each after trying to cross the Queensland border twice on Saturday night, police said | mattdennien

The group then tried to enter again in Coolangatta on Sunday, when police allege false declarations were made that they had not been in Victoria in the previous 14 days.

At the state's airports, nine people have been refused entry out of 10,700 arrivals. A total of 307 people – most of whom had been in Victoria recently – have been directed into quarantine since Friday. He also warned that individuals doing the wrong thing while lining up outside nightclubs, or taking to dance floors, could face fines themselves under changes to enforcement – at the direction of Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young – if behaviour did not improve.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

smh /  🏆 6. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Victorians fined $24,000 for lying on border declaration while attempting to enter QueenslandVictorians fined $24,000 for lying on border declaration while attempting to enter QueenslandA group of six Victorians is fined more than $24,000 after lying on border declaration forms while trying to enter Queensland on Saturday.
Read more »

'We actually moved out of our house': Victorian travellers bound for WA left in limbo'We actually moved out of our house': Victorian travellers bound for WA left in limboTravellers due to arrive in Western Australia from Victoria say they have been left stranded after their permission to enter the state was cancelled at the last minute due to tightened restrictions.
Read more »

One new COVID-19 case in Qld | Sky News AustraliaOne new COVID-19 case in Qld | Sky News AustraliaQueensland Health Minister Steven Miles has confirmed one new case of the coronavirus was detected in the state from a returned overseas traveller. \n\nThe Sunshine Coast resident entered hotel quarantine upon returning from the United States.\n\nMr Miles also said Queensland’s greatest concern is an outbreak in Casula in Sydney’s south-west which was linked to nine cases of the virus. \n\nHe said authorities would be monitoring the situations in New South Wales and Victoria closely.\n\nThere are four active cases in Queensland. \n
Read more »

Concerns grow over 'big' aged-care outbreak as Victoria records 177 new casesVictoria has recorded 177 new COVID-19 cases, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed. 9News
Read more »

Waiting for the great border crossing in the virus ageWaiting for the great border crossing in the virus ageLisa de Man thought the opening of the Queensland border on Friday would ease traffic, but permits are still being checked as people enter the state and queues are long.
Read more »

Coronavirus updates LIVE: Victorian cases 'yet to peak' as NSW COVID-19 cluster in Casula grows; Australian death toll stands at 108Coronavirus updates LIVE: Victorian cases 'yet to peak' as NSW COVID-19 cluster in Casula grows; Australian death toll stands at 108Human trials will begin today on the University of Queensland’s promising COVID-19 vaccine, the Queensland government has announced. Follow our live coronavirus coverage:
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:20:01